Having the Insurance Authority Award for the Best Insurance Company in the Field of Customer Happiness and Dispute Resolution in the Motor Claims Department is a privilege that gives you the peace of mind of knowing that you are in safe hands.
Some of the added-value benefits to Al Sagr Motor Insurance is that our award-winning claims department processes are:
What to do in case of an accident?
1. Report the accident to the police and obtain police report.
- In the event of a car breakdown and having roadside assistance under your Motor Policy, Al Sagr will arrange to tow the insured vehicle to the nearest authorized workshop. Please call 800 88726
2. Contact us immediately by calling 04-702-8500 or emailing us at CustomerCare@alsagrins.ae
3. Provide the following documents with the claim notification:
- Copy of Police report.
- Copy of car registration.
- Copy of driving license.
- Copy of Emirates ID card.
4. An e-mail will be sent to you containing the following details:
- Claim reference number.
- Details of the garage you need to take your vehicle to, along with location details.
5. The garage will look into your car and create a repair estimation report.
- If the cost of repair is less than 50% of the vehicle value, the repairs will start immediately.
- If the cost of repair is more than 50% of the vehicle value, it may be considered a total loss, in which case, we shall compensate you.
- If you were not at fault, we will request the authorization from the third party insurer before giving the repair authorization.
6. The duration of repairs depends on the severity of the accident. Therefore, the garage staff will inform you of the required time.
7. Lastly, the garage will contact you once your car is ready. You will pay an excess “if applicable” and sign a discharge receipt. In case you have a replacement car, you will provide the keys. Click here to read more about Car Replacement Coverage.
If the cost of repair is above the car’s value by 50%, it may be considered a total loss, in which case, we shall compensate you.
We will use the vehicle value agreed upon as a basis of our calculation. Calculations will apply according to when the accident took place during the policy duration.
Car Replacement Benefit
In case of a road accident, we will arrange for a replacement vehicle for you (for free) if the following conditions apply:
- You have Replacement Vehicle Benefit covered in your policy schedule.
- Your car repair duration will take more than 24 hours.
If that is the case, then please follow the following step:
- Request our Motor Claims team to arrange for car replacement for you.
For the terms and conditions of this benefit, please refer to the Replacement Vehicle Coverage brochure. Or Click here